Sunday 19 February 2012

Judi Dench has AMD

Oscar-winning actress Judi Dench has been diagnosed with aged-related macular degeneration and is battling to save her sight. The 77-year-old, who made her name in several James Bond films, said she is unable to read scripts anymore. She is believed to be one of the few global household names who have revealed that they suffer from macular degeneration.


But the British star said she is determined not to let the condition beat her and hopes recent treatment has stopped the progressive decline. She confessed: “I can’t read scripts any more because of the trouble with my eyes. And so somebody comes in and reads them to me, like telling me a story.

"It’s usually my daughter or my agent or a friend and actually I like that, because I sit there and imagine the story in my mind. I’ve got what my ma had, macular degeneration, which you get when you get old.

"I had wet in one eye and dry in the other and they had to do these injections and I think it’s arrested it. I hope so.”

Click here to read the full original story by the Daily Mirror. More by the Guardian and Daily Mail.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

eye drops for AMD from ethosheaven will help her ...did me

Macgen said...

Can you share more on the eye drops?

Anonymous said...

I brought them from ethosheaven.com website....very good reviews and service